- Pre-chill an ice cream machine. Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Beetroot and Raspberry Sorbet, place sugar, glucose syrup and 180ml water into a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves then bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Pour into a shallow tray and place into the fridge to chill.
- Stir in the beetroot and raspberry juices then place into the canister of the ice cream machine. Churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions and place into the freezer until required.
- For the Goats Cheese Parfait, fill a medium saucepan one third full with water. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Place the egg, egg yolk and sugar in medium heatproof bowl and place over simmering water. Mix with an electric hand beater until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cream and orange zest into a separate medium bowl and whisk to soft peaks. Set aside in the fridge.
- Place the goat’s cheese into a small bowl and mix with a spatula until smooth. Add the egg mixture in two batches. Fold mixture into the whipped cream in 3 batches.
- Spoon into six 7cm dome moulds and place into the freezer until set.
- For the Beetroot Cornflakes, soak the cornflakes in beetroot juice. Drain well and spread out over a lined baking tray and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the Honey Glazed Cornflakes, place honey and 60ml water into a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to the boil then simmer until reduced to a thin syrup consistency. Add a little salt and pepper, to taste then remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly. Add the cornflakes, stir through and set aside.
- Unmould a Goats Cheese Parfait onto each serving plate. Top with a sprinkle of toasted walnuts. Add a scoop of Beetroot and Raspberry Sorbet and some Honey Glazed and Beetroot Cornflakes.
Beetroot and Raspberry Sorbet
- 140ml fresh beetroot juice
- 140ml fresh raspberry juice
- 80g caster sugar
- 40g glucose syrup
Goats Cheese Parfait
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 40g caster sugar
- 150ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 70g goats cheese
- 80ml fresh beetroot juice
Honey Glazed Cornflakes
- 60g honey
- 25g cornflakes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 50g walnuts, toasted, to serve