- For the Ginger Broth, place the ingredients into a large saucepan with 3 litres water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, skimming the surface regularly. Strain through a large fine sieve into a medium saucepan. Cover and return to the boil when ready to serve.
- For the Black Vinegar Dressing, place the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together with a for fork. Set aside.
- For the Chicken, Prawn and Ginger Dumplings, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- For the dumpling wrappers, place the flour, 80ml water and pinch salt into a bowl. Bring together by hand then transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead to a smooth dough then wrap in cling film and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the dumpling filling, place the remaining ingredients into a medium bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Pass the dough, in two batches, through a pasta machine to almost the thinnest setting. Lay the sheets of dough onto a floured bench and using a 9mm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from the dough.
- Divide the filling between the wrappers and bring the outer edge of the wrappers around the filling, leaving the top of the dumpling open.
- Cook the dumplings in the simmering water, in batches, until filling is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the water and place into serving bowls. Spoon some Black Vinegar Dressing over the top of each dumpling. Serve with the hot Ginger Broth and the remaining Black Vinegar Dressing on the side to season the broth as desired.
Black Vinegar Dressing
Chicken and Prawn Dumplings